The American Riviera offer a gazillion of reasons and locations to showcase your wedding day and tell your story. Today, we will share with you our top five to consider when planning your destination wedding, and tell you WHY we think Santa Barbara takes the cake on the perfect place to get married or elope.
1. Beach Weddings – if you are a free-spirit and toes on the nose kind of couple, Santa Barbara encompasses beach locations where you and your guests can have your feet in the sand or dance on the ocean. Prefer to enjoy the Pacific Ocean from afar? Perfect! there are estates and resorts that hang back on the Riviera and boast 180 degree views of the ocean. See more of this Shabby Chic Beach Wedding from Rincon Events Beach Club.
2. Vineyard Weddings – if your tastes include farm-to-fork and you relish knowing the difference between an oak and steel barrel fermentation process, Santa Ynez offers all that and more! Whether you prefer dining al fresco among the vines or in a wine barrel room family style, the valley has a multitude of venues which uncork a vintner feel and style. See more of this Vineyard Wedding from Kristen Beinke.
3. Elegant Weddings – if you prefer to dazzle some glam amidst your “I do’s”, Santa Barbara County offers some of the top luxury and iconic resorts and venues in the world. We are Old Hollywood after all, and there is a reason why celebrities retreat to the American Riviera and its quaintness of Montecito and the like. See more of this Elegant Four Seasons Wedding by Kiel Rucker Photographer.
4. Rustic Weddings – if your style is more of a rural vibe, you can make your way into some of the nooks and crannies within Santa Barbara County. You don’t have to flee off to the countryside or hold your wedding in a barn (although we have many, even green houses!). Santa Barbara County yields parks and private locations where you can celebrate your nuptials with merriment and simplicity. See more of this Rustic Gaviota Wedding Inspiration by Megan Sorel.
5. Spanish Style or Ethnic-centric Weddings – want to play with colors and showcase your ethnicity as a couple? You can immerse yourself in Santa Barbara’s Red Tile Roof and Spanish Style architecture pretty much wherever you turn. If your ethnicity favors religion or a wordly classification, Santa Barbara possesses some large venues, ideal for Indian or Persian weddings, and a multitude of congregations, churches and chapels to house your spirituality. See more of this Felici Events Wedding at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum.
There you have it, here are our very tip of the iceberg (we have not even touched on our paradisical weather) overview of the dynamic and copious locations and venues, not to mention the talents and exemplary wedding professionals who will make sure your wedding day and planning is absolutely perfect! #SharingLoveInSB