7 Wedding Photography Tips
Kelsey Crews shares with us her top 7 must do's to ensure an enjoyable photo driven wedding day.
- HAVE ALL DETAILS READY FOR PHOTOS, AT THE "GETTING READY" SITE: AS APPROPRIATE:
- both rings
- a copy of the Save the Date
- a copy of the invitations
- personal flowers (wedding party)
- dress / suit + any 'special personsalization'
- Purchase a wooden hanger for dress, shoes, veil, etc. (the dress shot looks better with a nice hanger...not the plastic one on which it may have arrived in)
- Request a few loose flowers/stems to style detail shots (i.e. invitation, rings, etc.) from your florist
- Schedule sunset photos on your wedding day (chances are no one will miss you, ask your planner to allow time to sneak out to take a few additional PERFECT LIGHTING photos during the reception/sunset)
- Do your homework:
- create a shot list (your photographer will have a template) + include your dogbearer!
- review w/ all parents
- review w/ wedding photographer for trimming (and potty breaks)
- review w/ wedding photographer any personalized details (pedicure, bouquet handle, signs, veil, socks, etc)
- Share the FINAL photo list with all included and enlist a representative for each family who is to help identify people from the shot list, and help make family photos a quick and seamless experience
- Most importantly: when the day finally comes, forget all of the planning, and enjoy your wedding.